Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Looking back

Well, here I am sitting in my kitchen, in the states.  I can't believe I'm back, especially after all the drama that ensued on the journey home.
Sunday morning I woke up early and headed to Kensington Gardens for one last time and sat at the Round Pond with a book.  I'm really going to miss sitting at that park.  Then we left for Heathrow at 11 AM.  Well it only took us 20 minutes to get there and check-in didn't start until 1 PM.  So we had to sit outside the airport and do nothing for an hour and a half.  After checking in, we found out that our flight was delayed from Bombay (good ole Air India).  So we left close to 6 (it was supposed to leave at 4:10) and I ended up sitting in the exit row and getting fully trained on how to open the door for the slide.  Why would they ever put me in charge of that?!?!?  They played Prince Caspian and we were pretty far into the movie when the guy 2 rows behind me stopped breathing.  They called for a doctor over the loud speaker and then he started seizing.  It was so scary.  They had 3 doctors run up to help out.  He finally calmed down  and they moved him up to first class.  When we finally landed it was 7:15.  I got through customs pretty quickly and then waited over an hour for my luggage (waved to the sky at 8 pm to say goodbye to my flight to Cleveland).  After we collected all our luggage, Aly and I headed to the Air India ticket counter to try to get out of there that night, but they couldn't get us on any flights.  So they put us up in a really nice hotel for the night.  Aly was able to go to the American ticket counter and get on a flight the next day, but the Continental one closed at 8:45 so I had to go back at 3:30 am the next morning.  We went to our hotel, ate dinner, I took a nap and then headed back to the airport, only to find out that I couldn't get on a flight to Cleveland until 8 pm that night!  So I took a bus to Midway and caught a flight there to Cleveland and finally made it home that after noon.  I took this as a sign that I shouldn't have left London...
But now I'm back and posting on here for the last time.  Just wanted to give my top ten list!  It was hard to put together because there are so many things that I did and so much that I loved.  So here it is, in no particular order
1.  The trip to Wales and all the transportation issues that ensued.  And how could I forget the "release" from jumping off the cliffs.
2.  Rolling down the hill at Greenwich on the Eastern Hemisphere.
3.  The Hard Rock Calling concert in Hyde Park.  Best line up ever, best weather of the summer, new friends and lots of dancing
4.  Going to the Wimbledon tennis tournament and sitting front row at Paul-Henri Mattew's match, drinking Pimm's and lemonade, watching Venus and Serena, hearing everyone cheer after Andy Roddick lost, watching the number one men's doubles team and eating strawberries and cream
5.  Working at AdConnection.  I can't even begin to describe everything and the memories are unforgettable.
6.  My trip to Prague: Most beautiful city in Europe
7.  My Saturday visits to Borough Market and Portobello Road
8.  Seeing Wicked in the West End
9.  My Paddle boat ride in Hyde Park with Julia
10.  The chauffeured bike ride from Leicester Square to Piccadilly Circus with Julia.

Alright, London's over, time to head back to Columbia for my last semester of college.  Cheers!

No comments: